Monday, August 4, 2014

Did i offend my co religionists? unbelievable.

The door of the Srinivasa temple which had been always closed shut whenever ,which is nearly daily for past 2 years when  i combine my morning walk for past 12 years with a brief stop at the gates for a glimpse  of the deity visible from the gate as well as from across the road traversed by people of all faith  was open today.I did not wear my specs.
There is a clear link between my spectacles and the temples doors being shut so angrily in morning hours.

is it because--
1. There is a tussle between followers  of two religions?

2.Is it an constant reminder to me to not to use the specs in inner sanctum of the ancient temples  as it is against the traditions of Hindus to allow people of other faith an entry into the sanctum sanctorium?

My distant  eyesight is pretty bad .even leaves of trees look like green sponges without them .I cannot read a single letter without my reading  glasses on . I have to use specs if my eyesight should not worsen further .i could even become partially blind if i do not wear  my specs constantly.I know that in which ever shop i get a new one made it would come attached with those prying cameras or could even  be fitted with one when i am asleep but i think things have changed now since i was made aware of it then it would mean that my specs will be free of  such intrusions and am hoping  and trust that authorities will free both my hub r's and my specs of such intrusions and give back our much needed privacy..

But fine i got it now. I will not hurt the sentiments of my people of my community and will never wear  specs inside a temple or in rituals meant only for family members.In a recent ceremony   i took of my glasses since i was made aware that nearly all my specs have cameras relaying my every movement.To whom i have no idea.
For past 2 years  nobody ever warned me that my specs was offending religious sentiments .How was i to know about it when silence was maintained all around and i got to know of my spy specs only after the month of jamming and my recuperation from it.last month.

 If only some one had told me openly about my spy specs earlier i would have obliged immediately by taking them off whenever i visit  a temple or attend some ceremony or function I am a person who will not contest or argue with instructions given by  priests whether Brahmin or non Brahmin ,in their domain --temple , rituals and so on .
Have i unwittingly offended people belonging to my own  religion?Unbelievable! Me? A person who is very proud of her religion --Hinduism .If i have,[ i think i have without meaning to do so ], i offer my very sincere apologies.

note;i have ordered for new reading and looking glasses for myself and one for my hub too .i trust that the authorities who opened my eyes to the nature of the glasses will  free those much needed specs of intrusions.
thanking you -----14.9.14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home