Monday, July 4, 2011

Kulasekara Aazhwar's hymns on Tirumalai.

Ooneru selvam---Corpulence.

**Day after day the only wealth this body accumulates is flesh!Hence I do not want this human form in my next birth.

'O' One who subdued 7 bulls and holds a conch and is residing at Tiruvengadam[ Tirumalai],

Please bless me to be born as a stork in the falls [koneri] at Tirumalai in my next birth!.............677.


**Even if I am conferred with the over lordship of this entire world as well as the upper worlds with a bevy of beauties of infinite wealth fawning upon me ,without any effort from my part ,I donot want it .
I only want and hope that in my next birth I would be blessed to be born as a fish in the honey sweet springs of Thirumalai ..................................................................678.



**Pinnitta sadaiyanum bramhanum indhiranum thunnitu pogalariya vaikuntha neelvaasal min vatta sudaraazhi vengada kone thanumizhum pon vattil pidhithudane pugah peruverne'!.........679.

meaning.

The One with matted locks[Siva] , Brahma and Indira are nudging past each other to enter the long corridor of Vaikuntam [ Tirumala temple] on earth---,
Venkatanatha , enshrined here as bright as a flash of lightening ,is holding the dazzling chakra in his hands ,
Crowds of devotees are vying with one another to hold the gold salver close to his sacred,form to gather his blessings trickling down,

How I wish that I could also enter the temple and join them and hold the salver.



**The One with crescent moon on his matted locks, as well as Brahma and Indra perform several yagnas and reap blessings ,respectively,

From the One who is identified as the cause of all beings , in the Vedas,And who is residing in the pure and cool hills of Thiruvengadam,

How I wish that I could be the path , leading to the Temple , in these holy hills.....................684.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home