Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Periyazhwar Thirumozhi...................In praise of krishna avatar.

In the following hymns Periyazhwar enjoys Krishna as a toddler and as a young lad, by putting himself in Yashoda's place.

**O moon you are a bright spot of lustrous light.
Yet in the face of my son's beauty your lustre dims and fades away!
One with amazing qualities and One who is residing in Thiruvengadam[Tirumalai], is calling you,
Make haste and come quickly lest his tender hands beckoning you, becomes tired! ...........................................56.

**with golden anklets making "jaljal' sound,
My lord ,come to me running as swiftly as a flash of lightening,
And hug me! ...............................................................91.

**Like a pearl dangling at the end of rows of precious stones strung into a necklace,
My little One will come running to me swaying and tripping on his way to hug my back,
Govindan will hug my back! .............................................108.

**With tiny bells tied around his waist , coral bracelets on his wrist and necklace adorning his chest ,and taking baby steps,
My Kannan[krishna] will hug my back!
My lord will hug me ! .......................................109.

**Hey crow! Come and comb the curls of the leader who has enslaved me and my community!
Heycrow! Come and comb the curls of Madhavan who is reclining in Koiladi[A temple near Trichy] and is the leader of Nitya suris--[Adisesha, Garuda , Vishvaksena ---the atmas that never take birth in this earth and are purely devoted to serving and experiencing Narayana.]......162.

**Midaru mezhumezhu thoda vennai vizhungi poi,
Padiru palseithipadi yengum thiriyame,
Kadiru palathirikan adharidai kandrin pin,
idara yen pillaiyai pokkinen ,yelle pavame'................................239

meaning,

Alas! Instead of allowing my son to roam around the village freely and let him play pranks to his hearts content after he hastily swallows ladles of butter,
I have sent him behind calves to herd them in the forests in which elephants roam .
How cruel I am!

**Ladies! Come and see my son who is as blue as the ocean and is adorned with strings of pearls,
with red flower placed behind his ears and wearing cool white clothes , who has just returned from grazing the cows and is following the calves !
There is none in this world who has borne such a charming child as I have! ....................................244.

$***********************************$

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home