Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peryaazhwar Thirumozhi----[5.10.3] hymns 453---462 Dhukka choozhalai.

These hymns are in praise of Vishnu enshrined in Thirumalancholai---present day Aazhagar koil near Madurai.


** My legs are not moving.Tears are flowing from my eyes,unchecked.My body is weak and fatigued.And my voice is quivering and it fails to rise!

I have goose pimples all over my body !And my shoulders are sagging.

The king of my heart! I am truly blessed to have seen and worshipped you at Thirumalancholai temple that stands amidst springs and ponds ,splashing with playful fishes !......................457.


**I was submerged in the sorrowful sea of samsara,

I have pulled myself out and climbed on to the banks of knowledge due to your great compassion,

Reassure me of your protection by signalling your blessings with your palm,

One who has chakra , sacred hands ,sacred eyes and is covered in pithambara,
And One who is red hued as the red sky,

The one who has risen to bless us all at Thirumalancholai!.................................459

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home