Thursday, April 10, 2014

Modi's oath

'I ll spare no efforts to fulfill party's promises' the very first oath of the 3 taken by modi in the release of bjp, his party's election manifesto ceremony kept needling me.The reason being the strange and inexplicable delay of   the major opposition party well known for its systematic orgns and time consciousness and as usual ,that is ,since the devyani episode first erupted  i am viewing this mysterious delay from my point of view.and assuming the following.

Was the delay deliberate to turf out the supremo of the rival party ,that is create anxiety in me --the loner who gets a carried away by TV news , and think that i have the power  to remedy this urgent situation by writing or blogging and thus lose the grip on my determination ,not to write a single alphabet till the elections day and thus provide the escape route to sg?
Could be possible since are all in one charmed circle and very friendly with each other.Even then how could a major party accede to such  selfish requests when they very well knew that by doing so they would be denying the country of a more lucrative deal with the russia?And how did of all people Modi who thunders on and of about putting nation first agree to such a decision?Is he just theoretical or were his hands tied?

I seem to have put into practise that principle -'nation first' -fighting against all odds!This is not to boast about my determination but more to express my dismay at the chink in a man considered by all as well as me to be tough and patriotic. Isn't he from rss stable and aren't they all highly patriotic or so they appear?Really just what do i actually know of rss? And am i actually complimenting modi by distancing him from rss known for its idealism /selflessness and herding him along with the   selfserving pragmatic,and dirty politicians?

The 370 airliner saga kept tugging at my heart and i felt all along [may be nudged constantly] that i could alleviate or shorten the misery of those relatives if i gave sg/Cong+politicians and US what they wanted by writing about the prevalence of conservatism in Indian society--a fact that i do not deny and   to a extent can be gleaned from my earlier blogs in sujataism itself ,because i could connect to their misery but in real life another grave event  cut short my luxury to grieve and taught me to swallow  my grief and give my undivided attention to the living .Bluntly put in a balance scale, the claims of dead  do not and should not matter as against the urgent claims of the living .So i applied this lesson i learnt from my life weighed the consequences and concluded that for the sake of millions living in here in india around me ,[though there is no urgency but the situation was urgent and the  opportunity not easy to come by ],i had to control the natural empathy i feel in tragic situations and  conquer my urge to write in that crucial week.

I kept reading gita and Rama's advise to laxman every day to tackle my emotions as i used to in my first few years of my grief .However , I was clear in my objective and priority.

Even if it wasn't Sonia.g and if it was J'J .or Sushma or any other  Indian politician my stand would have been the same. I examined this aspect  viz xenophobia  honestly and concluded as above..

I only hope that if modi becomes PM his loyalty to his party is confined only to promises made by it to people of India and not any promises it may make to a select few or an individual as it may have happened in S.g's case .If he doesn't we will all be back to square one, the ruinous dyarchy.

I am joining dots.Read news in toi that 'late' last week EC allowed officials to renew the contract with Russia --so it means the deal was hanging fire  till the last moment viz elections
Evening read on net shankara that sg's lawyer in US has decided to take part in the trial or some such thing on Monday--7th
So that means that whole of last week viz 31.3.14.to 7.4 14 was pregnant with the anticipation of my writing my diary or publishing my middle class perception on the mysterious illness of sg with a lot of pressure tactics and i stood my ground.

A pm of this country would have to face pressures constantly specially in foreign affairs ,with a lot of pulls and shoves.It is no joke. I had a taste of it  but mine thankfully is  short lived though  the whole of last week  dragged on and on  and it  felt like a year  and it is only now that  i can breathe easy a bit .But the next pm better be tough, bold independent and be totally focused on securing the nations interest at all times in any given situation.,

written on 8.4.14   9.30.pm

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home