Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Makaras.


A blue coloured board on the serene and sedate beach of Thirupullani the place of' Darbha sayanam',declares the entire area---sea and sands as a protected area . Fishing , joyrides on boats, under water tourism involving snorkeling and scuba diving ,etc is banned.It also requests visitors not to litter the place with plastic covers and ends with the following quote from Bhagwad Gita,

Pavanah pavatam asmi,

Ramah sastra- bhrtam aham|

Jhasanam makaras casmi,

Strotsam asmi Jahnavi|| ----------chapter 10...divine glories.


Among purifying agents I am the wind,

Among warriors I am 'Rama',

Among the fish I am the shark,

Among rivers I am the Ganga.


Those of you who think that Gita deals only with gods and incarnations , pertaining to north India, you are in for a surprise.Chapter 10 hymn 24 of Divine glories of Gita states the following,

Purodhasam ca mukhyam mam,

Viddi Partha Brhaspatin|

Senaninam aham Skanda,

Sarasam asmi sagarah ||


Among the priests know me to be the chief of them ---Brihaspati,

The priest of devas,O Arjuna,

Among the war lords I am' Skanda' [Murugan]

Among the water reservoirs I am the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home