Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mid way.

The mercury has plummeted . the sun that set my skin on fire ,is hidden under dense thick black clouds,its intensity doused miraculously in middle of May!It is raining ! I t is nor a mere drizzle but continuous emptying of heavily laden skies ,that is constantly replenished with gallons of water. A cyclonic storm!

A bonanza to jasmine creepers and the flame of the forests.. A few days from now I will trip into zones , heavily scented by jasmine flowers and see ravishing red flowers eclipse green tree tops!

It is cool and I would have loved to visit the park as when the rain lets up as I did in the past years . But not now.The slush dredged from Coovam that was dumped in the park either following the current fad of going' green' or simply to the cut costs of renovation has in one stroke stifled the sweet smell of freshly mown grass that once pervaded the entire park.

I dare not step on those newly laid designer tiles for fear of having to inhale the stench ,that had evaporated under the scorching sun in the past few months.This down pour will re kindle the nauseous stink.

My strong and silent companions , those poor trees they have no means of escape . They have to stoically stand it out and put up with this unfamiliar manure day in and day out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home