Friday, November 6, 2009

1st June 1971 Tuesday.

I woke up very late in the morning . Harind had gone out to play after breakfast . On his return I asked him about Bingo.He told that last night Bongo had tried to jump from the upstairs verandah to the ground below ,but since the chain held him back he was hanging in the air unable to go up or down and thus strangled to death . I felt very sad and also sorry for Manjari.

In the evening Reva rang up asking whether I would join her in cycling around the colony. I agreed .We did a lot if cycling.

2nd June 1971 Wednesday
In the evening Humaira phoned me and asked me to join her at Sumit's place. I went there about 6.30 and she turned up after 15 minutes. Harind ,Sumit and I played cards whilst Humaira read some comics. About 7.30 pm Babloo and Ravi .N came there and were playing table.tennis in the dining room. Later we joined them in the game.I can beat all the girls but not the boys. Harind and I came back home around at 9 . Slept at 10.30.

3 rd June 1971 Thursday

Today there is a lot of wind blowing. My school has re-opened after the summer break today but I could'nt attend classes since the dhobhi didnt get my uniforms.
All the people in the colony think that Bingo has died of stomach ache. But I think he was mad. In the evening I went to Summit's house. Manjari was there. While we played Russin Rummy it rained outside. At 8 pm we stopped the game. It was drizziling out side. I ran all the way home.

4th June 71 Friday
Today also it is very breezy. I took oil bath. Harind's friends had come to my house to play cricket.Brothers  joined them. I was getting bored so I rang up Manjari and asked her to come to my place .She came unexpectedly quickly .
We watched the game and then went to the post office to post a letter I had written to Sujata of Mysore. Bought some letters for mother and came back and had orange squash and watched the game.Then went to Ajay's house and borrowed some comics.By the tme it neared 1 pm and so Manjari left to her house.

About 6 in the evening Harind told that there was a childrens film in the Lab. We quickly got dressed and went there but to our disappointment it was a adults film. I scolded Harind. He told that the telephone operator had told him thus. We went up to the club which is in the Lab and played Table Tennis and then came back home after an hour. I didnt go out after that ,I did some sketches. After dinner played Ludo with brother and than went up to sleep.
5 th June 1971 Saturday.

I woke up at 9 am .Mummy was very angry as I got up very late.
I was reading a Tamil magazine at about 11 am when Harind came and showed me the lemons he had plucked from Kholetker uncle's house. We hid it in my draw as mother will scold us if she comes to know this. I did lime juice for Harind and myself when my mother was taking her bath. It is very cloudy and pleasant though it is usually hot during June. I feel like dancing. In the afternoon I did some Embroidery. In the evening I went to Manjari's house but she went away to Secundrabad club after few minutes.

6th June1971 Sunday.
I took oil bath because while my mother was combing my hair she saw one grey hair. About 11 am the man who sells sarees came .He brought a red linen lungi. I stitched it and finished it about 4 pm . I wore it in the evening and played cards with Harind, Santosh and Manjari in my house. then we went for a short walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home