Sunday, June 2, 2013

To lead one has to rely upon oneself and not on surrogates.

The resident Marxist multi cultaralist crusader is an expert in rustling up odd individuals in a moments notice to make his point to me--
viz---1. That he has noticed my self pitying pshychomatic gestures of rubbing my aching shoulders whilst getting out of bed early in the morning.
2. That the world is full of misery and oddity and that mine is next to nothing in comparison
By making sure that a woman  with a heavily bandaged girl around the neck and shoulders came into my line of vision as i picked up grocery and vegetables after my morn walk from a shop

The extensive networking with instantaneous participation [barely an hour lapsed ] to rub it on coupled with the subtle proclamation that i am constantly under watch and monitoring throwing away the right to privacy brazenly out to the winds and the fact that i am unable to disable it  is a constant source of irritation .Hence this post.

Am agreeable to the misery bit but not to the oddity part.To my mind and observation it is he and his boss who are odd balls.The crusader with his crazy hairstyle and distinct looks and his boss with glaring pale skin ,can never merge with the large population of this country the way i can with my typical Indian --desi features.
In a moment i can transform myself into  a lower middle class as well as amissddle class woman where ever i go and which ever crowd i am in Bharat.I will always be part and parcel and never stick out--looks wise..

Celebrating diversity in life is fine .It is the only comforting  option available to those who can never merge their identity in the larger stream and become invisible.For instance can  this odd ball inquisitor stand in a bus stand without being noticed? Never.He can only create such a scene like a drama setting but cannot be part of the real scene.Whilst i can easily be part of the real time situations like standing in a bus stand for hours and go totally unnoticed.This natural ordinariness that i can claim as a victory in the ongoing battle of nerves is so very  very comforting.

Can his boss become a Bengali or a Marathi or u.p house wife in a moments notice? I can with a change of sarees or,the pallu wearing style or by smearing sindhoor by letting down my hair or knotting it.I can also morph into a minority woman in seconds by merely not affixing the bindi .

Arre baba you may be odd and sticking out like a sore thumb.Hence all these strong impulses to celebrate oddities .I have no such compulsions or impulses whether physical, spiritual or economical.I am part and parcel of the main stream with which i can easily merge without overawing anyone how so ever educated and intellectually aware i may be.

I have no need for surrogates either to emote naturally at the happenings around me in this land of my ancestors nor the necessity to make elaborate studied alterations ,to blend. 

date.1.6.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home