Friday, August 13, 2010

Role.




My dear son,Vidat

What is the role assigned to you by the creator ?


Is it colour? The greenness in plants or in the blueness of the sky?

Or in the orange of the sun or in the bluish green of the peacocks plume ?

If so ,I can spend my lifetime gazing at these colours and derive comfort that you are near.



Is it sound? Are you in the lullaby of the rain falling at night ?

Or in the the rapturous melodies , the koels suddenly burst out ?

Or in the gentle rustle of tree tops when a slight breeze ruffles them ?

If so I can spend my life attuning my ears only to these sounds .




Or is it in the sudden calm of the dusk when darkness descends ?

Or is it in the light of the stars that shimmer in the night sky ?

Or in the 'kindness' of a person helping a distressed stranger ?

Or in the indisputable honesty of a person who knows his end is near?



If only I had an inkling of the role assigned to you may be I can bear this void with a little more ease.



Happy birthday.



14 th August .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home