Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How I long

How I long for those days when choices were limited and therefore life was less complicated.

The T.V had only one channel-viz DD and so there was no niggling feeling of regret at the back of my mind that I may be missing an equally or more interesting programe in another channel.

There were only 2 bath soaps available Lifebuoy and Hamam .One for the rough skins of men and the other for the delicate skins of women. The temptation to try the array of various brands of toilet soaps that are advertised on TV ,magazines and dailies that bewitch one never arose and in the process escaped developing allergies.

There were only 3 washing soaps viz sunlight,surf and 501 bar soap hence I never wracked my brains unlike now when I am confronted with bewildering varieties of detergents stacked in super markets.

Our time was our own.It was not constantly intruded by the trilling of the omini present mobile from pockets and purses whether one is in the bathroom or in the midst of thick traffic as we had
but one telephone per 100 households.

How I long for those days when the dhobi did all the washing and ironing of clothes where as now I am forced to wash all the dirty linen all because of that easily available device called washing machine.

How I long for those days when shops were few and its wares were limited.Now my head is in a constant whirl .First I have to choose a shop from 10 other equally attractive ones and then choose a saree or nighty or a hand bag from hundreds of equally beautiful pieces!

2 Comments:

Blogger Viper said...

Rin Bar and Cinthol!

January 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger K.C. Sujata said...

Yes !Also ponds talcum powder and Mysore sandal soap!

January 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home