Sunday, February 14, 2016

Parting gift.

The day was grey the sea bluish grey and the sun hidden behind grey clouds ,was sending showers of its intrinsic brilliance through the gaps in that dark cloud.The patch of cloud had not even 1 /1,000000 th of the power,width of the sun but had the temerity to block its rays , a boldness born out of the proximity to mother earth   whose patience and silent strength induced this, shielding all those in touch with her from the awesome ,brilliant and immeasurable powers and energy of bodies dotting the universe.

The sun poured its diluted rays on to the waters ,with each refracted ray assuming the shape of its companions up and beyond,the stars near and distant,The sun needed company in  here too and laid out on  the bluish grey waters , hundreds of tiny twinkling stars the replica of its celestial companions.An company the sun  sought till the dark cloud moved away or it gradually ascended that sky scaling above that cloud.

Enjoyable reflected mates.A treat to tired eyes and i got up from the sand to drench my feet .hoping to lift my grey mood with a touch of nature .No luck ,The waves seemed to retreat further in .Mood plummeted.

I had retreated from every one and when i started to reach out every one was deliberately retreating,Were the waves too doing the same?
Stood for several minutes ,The sea was stubborn.it seemed that sea was deliberately withholding the waves from making a contact with me.
The stars that carpeted her twinkled gently and i turned back disappointed and started climbing the tiny dune.
Then i heard the soft singeing sound that waves make and was nearly swept off the shore by a huge wave that drenched me ,and ran up ahead of me converting the reflection of distant stars  the eternal companions of the sun ,into foam swirling as a frothy milk and depositing it on the shore buttering it with  a slice of milky way and rushed back and drained into the sea.
my grey mood vanished ,Nature has not retreated from me.The laws and rules it is subject is Rita or Dhrama or eternal laws laid down eons and eons of years earlier .I had failed to retreat from my agitation ,confusion and  to still my mind so as to observe the workings of ageless laws.Laws not only pertaining to movements of tide but also guiding  my/our sojourn in this world ,A broad framework that leaves the details to be worked out by every individual viz me.
Had i stilled my mind would it have been possible for me to grasp.comprehend these eternal laws and obey, follow and avoid its transgressions?Even that great intellect and Vedic scholar  ,Desikan admitted defeat in fully comprehending Rita and pleaded with Varadhrajar[Maha Vishnu] to help and guide him to avoid pitfalls.

Nevertheless at that moment ,the waves pushing and dancing around me was a priceless parting gift with the singeing waves gesturing and whispering its encouragement.

written on 11.2.15 Wednesday 2.15.pm


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home