Sunday, November 13, 2011

Time's change.

I was advised by my college mates to read the editorials of all dailies to pass the IAS exams, 30 years back.

To do so was like swallowing a bitter pill. What a bore to wade and read through all those boring stats and analysis of some disgruntled middle aged foggy on matters with which i was least concerned with.
My poor brain was already crammed with dates and exploits of men and women down the ages as well as the laws made by them.Dailies and weeklies were meant only to read what the stars foretell and the scandals revolving around stars.I had to literally force myself to read the editorials , like one mugging up before exams.It was only to clear the Gk papers and nothing more .

When I dropped out of the race soon there after it was with a huge sigh of relief that the torture of reading all those editorials and articles had become a thing of the past.Now the first thing i read in the dailies and weeklies are the editorials and centre page articles.I have no exams to pass nor any position to hold, yet here i am poring over them!

I have finally reached the correct age to read and understand and at times relish them for what they really are

PS. Oh yes i did clear the Gk papers [as well as the history ones] twice, in pre lims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home