Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Catract operation

Yesterday in the after noon had the cataract removed from my left eye.Painless surgery except when anesthesia was injected in my face.near my eyes..Lay stiff on the operating table put off by all those machines with robotic arms,instruments and flood lights that ringed me in and seem to close up on me menacingly  prying at the minutest details of my exposed body  viz my face.
Felt  nothing as the doctor started the surgery  but saw bright ball of light revolving spiraling into a whirlpool and shower of tiny sparks that took me somewhere way beyond breaking into my fossilised memory washing over me with spurts of grief .
Then the doc announced Amma your cataract has been removed.
Felt elated Why?I was postponing this surgery ,yet felt relieved and elated .
Relaxed there after for the remaining part of the procedure as the doc wrapped his work.A cup was fixed on my eye with instruction to remove it the next day and see the world there after.
Today morning  after removing the cupsat in the balcony.Didnt find any remarkable change in my sight .Sat on .
AS the sun rose i could see the rosy red coloured fresh young leaves glistening at the top of the fig tree and a man in red shirt walking in the ground beyond.Felt that i was back in Madras and it felt like it did the first time i stepped into Madras in 81getting off a train bringing us here for good with red shirted porters milling around the station busily.Felt a sudden rush of affection for this city and hugged to myself the happiness of belonging to it all these34 years whispering below my breath My madras My Chennai.
Had been leading a colorless and formles life without my looking glasses for the past 7 months.
The rose tiped young fig leaves , the first colour  for my eyes to see in this new  vision world of mine.
How lucky i am that my first sight was to behold this unfurling of new life in a sacred tree..
A delectably satisfying and,spiritually uplifting sight.

written on ---12.3.15.   7am
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home