Monday, September 10, 2012

At Tirupati---- tour diary 14.8.12


Reached Tirumalai in the evening since the darshan of Srinivasa was set to be at the day next i decided to circumbulate the temple.

I found myself behind the vimanum where fountains spray water in delectable streams over huge granite shanku and Chakram.

As the sun set ,dark clouds hovered over us. A drop of two of rain drops fell on me as i sat meditating ,with the vimanum at , front, going through all the hymns sung by aazhwars and acharyas on Srinivasar and Tirumalai for the last 1500 years or so .

As the lights were switched on the Vimanum was bathed in a golden light that made me catch my breath and the long held belief that Nithya suris or ever free souls are said to visit this temple at night fall to worship Srinivasar came to my mind and if they were visiting this would be the right time and setting. So i felt.

Maybe one of them was some one very dear to me..

Photo.The fountains at Tirumalai with vimanum of Srinivasar at the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home