Monday, April 2, 2012

To Thiruvattaru and Thirupathisaram

These are the two divya desams included in malainadu -hill country but are actually in Tamilnadu.They are nearly 70 kms away from Thiruvananthapuram.

The road was narrow and congested as rightly warned by the cabbie .The entire stretch of 70 kms or so is flanked by houses ,shops, stores ,churches, prayer houses and statues of Jesus.And the roads narrow and winding and filled to the brim with unceasing traffic.Due to this according to the driver it is safe to travel in this road even late at nights.The entire journey of 70 --100 kms was like travelling through a crowded city!

I thirsted to have my eyes to rest on open spaces than on houses of every size and shape.I would gladly settle even with looking out at the semi arid spaces of Gujarat i saw during my recent Dwaraka trip that didn't make me feel claustrophobic as this journey did .It was too much like the crowded city scape that i had fondly and optimistically had hoped to escape in my travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home