Thursday, December 15, 2011

Re -collection.

Today,16 th Dec, is being celebrated as the 40 th year of the Independence of Bangladesh .It revived to my mind some what hazily the memories of that war ,played out during my early teens.

As I turned the pages of my diary which i had started writing in my early teens and have preserved some of them till date , the following emerges.

17 th December 1971--Friday.

In the morning at the assembly our principal told us that we must collect money for red cross who are helping E Pakistan refugees.That is each class must contribute something for the fund.

I decided that each of us must give Rs 2,then the entire amount will be Rs 100.

After i finished my exams at 10 .30 , i had a sudden inspiration of collecting money from all those living near our school at Secundrabad. My group of friends enthusiastically approved the idea and we divided into 3 groups. We took the hundi's and set forth.

Sowmya and i collected Rs 15, Banu and Raji Rs 4.40,Chammu and Vasanthi Rs 16 .60.When we gave all this money to the principal she was very pleased with us and we all got into high spirits.

As I was in high spirits i read chemistry which never enters my head , easily and well.

Ps .I was in class 9 and 14 years of age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home