Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Child labourers.

I felt a stab of guilt whilst eating food that I had ordered in a restaurant in a hill station , as it was served by a boy no bigger than mine.There was no smile on his face.

The summer vacation came to an end and it was school time again . I was filled with a feeling of helplessness when I saw my boy trudge back home lugging a heavy school bag over his shoulders and his back bent under its weight like that of a Sherpa carting loads up, on mountaineering expeditions.

He couldn't shrug off his school even at home ,since his teachers had given him pages upon pages of home work, that had to be done that day and every day there after . The smile had also vanished from his face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home