Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shanthi mantra from Rigveda.

The Rig Veda is nearly 4000 years old .The following is a shanthi mantra from this Veda which is the earliest of all the 4 Vedas.

Vangme manasi.

Om! Vangme manasi pratishta ,
mano vaachi prathishtam
Aaveeraaveerma edhi vedasya ma aanisthah
shrutamma maaprahaaseer anenaa dheetena,

Ahoraatraan samdhadhaami ritam vadishyami,
satyam vadishyami!Tanmaamavatu tadvak aaramavatu
Avatu maam avatu vaktaaram avatu vaktaaram!
Om! Shanthi, shanthi, shanthihi!

Let my speech be rooted in my mind
Let my mind be rooted in speech!
Let Bramhan reveal himself to me ,
Let my mind and speech enable me to grasp the truths in the Vedas
Let not what i have learnt and heard ,forsake me.
Let me spend my days and nights in continuous studies.

I meditate only on the truth
I speak the truth
May that truth protect me.
May that truth protect us all!
Let peace prevail against all troubles.

Om ! Peace,Peace,Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home