Monday, January 16, 2012

The Nigerian connection.


My stats [provided by google themselves,much to my consternation and pleasant distraction.Ignorance was such a bliss!] revealed 2 Nigerians as my audience ,a week back.Why on earth would Nigerians be reading my blog was my first reaction.But soon forgot about it.

Few days back i received an Sm's that i had snapped 1 million euro dollars in a lottery and was given a contact number.

Though i have blocked all pesky calls ,that was acted upon after my complaint in this blog against the company and the govt for not honouring their Vaada ,i do receive a few sms's 4--6 ,mostly regarding Internet connections.

I deleted that sms immediately having been forewarned by newspapers about on line and mobile lottery frauds.It is also my reasoning that no one would shower millions upon me ,out of the blue without some catch in it.

But quite a few succumb to the temptation of quick and easy money ,like the story carried by a daily recently about a business man who sold two of his houses to double the sum as promised by Nigerian con men and lost it all.

Could it be that ,my mentioning in jest about receiving Nobel prize for being censored [the Nigerian audience came only after that post] has attracted these con men.
Adept as all con men are in detecting human weaknesses and turning it round smoothly to their advantage ,may be they detected my initial desire but forgotten over time and shelved to my subconscious,to build a fairly large and decent sports facility ,in the suburbs ,open to all youngsters free of cost , in my son's name, by coming into a lot of money.The highly far fetched 'Nobel prize' sum being one.

The very next day the same sms turned up and i deleted it immediately fearing it like the serpent of sin.There after i didn't get any more.

Whether i am going to be conferred with the much coveted nobel prize by the Swedes, or not [It all depends on the extent of my censor's fears] one thing is sure ,my blog is attracting world class con men's the Nigerian trickster's attention , who are eyeing the bounty hungrily, already.

PS. In hind sight may be i should have saved the contact number to produce it here in the fond hope that the concerned authority will act upon it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home