Thursday, September 2, 2010

Warnings to time [death]!


I chanced upon this poem of the great poet Subhramani Bharathi.


Kaala! Unnai nan siru pull yenna madhikiren;

Yenran kaal aruge vada ! chatthre unnai midhi ikkiran-adda kala


Hey time [death]!I regard you as a small blade of grass ,

Come on , come near me ! Let me stamp you under foot.

Hey death!


Adho moolla yendru kadharia yannaiai kaakave-

Nindrun mudhalaikku nerinthadai marandhaya

Ketta moodane?Ada kaala


Have you forgotten your emissary ,the crocodile's fate ,

When the elephant it had gripped

Implored Adhi moolame?

You wicked fool! Hey death.


Unnai vidhi ikkiren'

Hari narayanaga unn munne' uddhi ikkiren,

Ada kaala!


Your fate is doomed ,

When I become one with Hari narayana , Hey death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home