Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Replay.

I was having my lunch just after 2 pm mulling over my long winding blog posts of my Kerala temple trip calculating roughly the hours i need to put over this week and even the next to complete it when i had the feeling of being rocked though no one was around doing so.

Had I worked too hard in the morning and there fore feeling dizzy?Yet once again i felt my chair move to and fro slightly but distinctly.
I glanced up at the ceiling thinking half humorously that if it did crack and the fan topples down then it could be a earthquake i would have to dive down under the table and wait for help.
It turned out to be one as was confirmed by our neighbours coming out cautiously out of their flats [middle agers donot rush,our reaction time is slow] as we exchanged notes i remarked that it felt similar to the one i felt just before the tsunami of 2004 and i was quite right as the tv 's who had by then picked up the news say it originated near Aceh and is 8.9 on the scale!

The fear i didnt feel when i was actually rocked gripped me now.After shocks!

O dear ,how dear is life!

If the rattle could be felt this far how severe the jolt must be in Indonesia?

Hope that Indonesians as well as our tribals and others at Andamans and all our people and others living close to the coast ,come out of this unscathed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home