Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perumal Thirumozhi..730---740. Vanralinai.--Strong and sacred feet.

In these 10 hymns Kulasekara Aazhwar experiences the grief and agony of distraught Dasaratha ,when Rama ,his favourite son ,obeys him,relinquishes his claim to the kingdom and leaves to the forest on the very day he was to be coronated .

** My Rama ! Whilst all the subjects of this beautiful town of Ayodhya have surrendered at your feet for protection,
Of which they are assured of ,by your strength,
I bade you to leave to the harsh forest at the behest of Kaikeyi , who had once reared you as a mother would.
My son ! I sent you away from your rightful place! I did this heinous deed myself!....................730.


**Amma! yendruazhaikum arvasol keladhe aniser marvam,
Yen marvathidai yazhandu thazhuvade muzhusage mevatuchi kaimavin thadaiyen ,
menmaiyum kamalam pol mughamum kannadhu yemmanai yen maghanai izhuindhitta yizhithagaiyen ,yirukindrene! ................735.

Here after I will not hear my kind son joyfully calling me , Amma!
I will not be able to hug my well decorated son and kiss him on his forehead.
I will not be able to see his majestic walk nor see his lotus like bright face .
I have sent my son to the forest. I have lost him .
How despicable I am .Yet I continue to live .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home