Monday, October 10, 2011

Hymns from Naanmugan Thiruvandhadhi of Thirumizhai Aazhwar.

Thirumiszhai Aazhwar an Vaishnavaite saint was the contemporary of Mudal or Early Aazhwars.He is credited with 96 hymns compiled under the heading 'Naanmugan Thiruvandhadhi.'

Some of his hymns that I have translated are as follows.

Naanmuganai narayanan padaithaan .Naanmuganum thanmugamai shankaranai thaan padaithan yaan mugamai.
Andadhi melittu arivithen aazhporulai sindhmal konmineer therndu. ................2382.

The four faced one [Brahma] was created by Narayana,
The four faced one then created Shankara.
I have revealed this deep meaning in my hymns.
Examine them and accept them

Inniarindhen eesarkum nanmugarkum deivam inniyarindhen yemperuman!Unnai inni arindhen .Karanan nee! katravai nee! karpavai nee!narkhirisai Naranan nee! Nangu arindhen naan.........2477.

I have realised now that my Bhagwan is the leader and lord of Siva and the four faced One.
I have realised you, now!
You are the cause .You are the revealed wisdom .
You are the wisdom that is yet to gained .
Narayana!You are the protector of all !
I have pondered over this deeply and have realised this to be the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home